DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2850n on BT INFINITY

More
14 May 2012 23:48 #72238 by pilgrim1
Replied by pilgrim1 on topic Re: Vigor 2850n on BT INFINITY
Same problem here. 2850n on Infinity via Zen, it will not sync at all via VDSL, worked fine as a ADSL router in the few days before the change over. On Installation day the BT engineer confirmed working I set it to VDSL only, plugged in without the splitter, changed the VLAN settings VLAN Tag insertion (VDSL): Tag value: 101 and set my Zen user name and password. The VDSL status is all zero, the unit constantly cycles betwwen Idle, handshake and training. I'm using the Latest firmware 3.6.1 from here http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads.html.

BT modem was left by the engineer, which syncs fine, it seems tied to BT home hub so needed to "unlock the unit" to get access (http://huaweihg612hacking.wordpress.com/about/) however once complete it syncs and connects fine.

Wondering if anybody made any progress on this to date? Currently thinking the Draytek is faulty and considering a return.

CC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2012 21:01 #72259 by daz69
Replied by daz69 on topic Re: Vigor 2850n on BT INFINITY
Just to let everyone know, I've just got 3.6.2_RC4 firmware from support and it's now synching up fine with VDSL and VDSL/ADSL, I tried previously on 3 different infinity lines with no joy so at this stage it looks like a fix for me.

More
18 May 2012 07:24 #72272 by pilgrim1
Replied by pilgrim1 on topic Re: Vigor 2850n on BT INFINITY

Daz69 wrote: Just to let everyone know, I've just got 3.6.2_RC4 firmware from support and it's now synching up fine with VDSL and VDSL/ADSL, I tried previously on 3 different infinity lines with no joy so at this stage it looks like a fix for me.

Hi Daz69, that's excellent news, thanks for posting this, are you finding it stable, similar/same sync rate as BT unit? Any idea if we can download this from somewhere to try?

Regards

CC

More
23 May 2012 14:54 #72322 by daz69
Replied by daz69 on topic Re: Vigor 2850n on BT INFINITY
I've still haven't got this router into a production environment yet because of lack of available downtime in the network but I have tried it on various Infinity1 and Infinity2 lines and it syncs at more or less the same rate as the Openreach units and throughput seems comparable, I just can't comment on the long term stability yet.

I have had it working in a test situation with 2 concurrent Infinity connections with an additional ADSL backup and it all seemed to work ok.

Support have asked me for feedback today so they can look at the stats prior to an official release so hopefully it won't be long.

More
30 May 2012 16:51 #72385 by wildoat
Replied by wildoat on topic Re: Vigor 2850n on BT INFINITY
New firmware available on corporate site version: 3.6.2 - posted 28/05/12 may be worth a try:

Changes:

New Features
Support ISDN backup.
Support Smart Bandwidth Limit.
Support Port Triggering.
Support DSCP Re-tag according to QoS class.

Improvement
Improved: Change VDSL firmware version to 1412f0.
Improved: Show status on VPN profile.

Known Issue
None

Notes
Modifications
None

W.

More
31 May 2012 18:28 #72396 by roy.p
Replied by roy.p on topic Re: Vigor 2850n on BT INFINITY

Pilgrim1 wrote:
Any idea if we can download this from somewhere to try?

Try -> ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2850/Firmware/v3.6.2/

Moderators: Sami