DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Problem with IPv6 DHCPv6/radvd on 2750Vn

• mwerle
  • Topic Author
More
11 Feb 2012 10:06 #1 by mwerle
Hi,

I'm on a trial with PlusNet to test their IPv6 service, so far with mixed results. To connect to the PlusNet IPv6 I need to use the DHCPv6 (IA_PD) setting, however it does not properly configure the RADVD server for the rest of my LAN.

Digging into the configuration, I think I may have found a bug in the firmware (1.5.1). The file /etc/dhcp6c_conf is written (I think by /usr/sbin/wide-dhcp6c) to contain the following data:

Code:
new_max_life -1 new_preferred_life -1 reason BOUND6 new_dhcp6_name_servers 2001:****:****::2 new_ip6_prefix 2a02:****:****:****::/56

Specifically, "new_max_life" and "new_preferred_life" are set to "-1".
The "dhcp6c-script" in the same directory parses this file and writes out, amongst other things, the file "dhcp6c_radvd.conf" to contain:
Code:
interface br-lan { AdvSendAdvert on; AdvDefaultLifetime 1800; prefix 2a02:****:****:****::/56 { AdvOnLink on; AdvAutonomous on; AdvPreferredLifetime -1; AdvValidLifetime -1; }; RDNSS 2001:****:****::2 { }; };

Again, note the "-1".

The radvd daemon process is then started and takes this new file as input, and fails to parse it; it expects a number > 0, or the string "infinity".

I have patched "dhcp6c-script" to turn "-1" into "infinity" and the radvd daemon runs now.

Many thanks,
- Michael Werle.

PS. Is it possible to get the source-code and build instructions for the firmware from somewhere?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami