DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 SNMP ADSL Interface Counters Broken?!

• iamq-yesiam
  • Topic Author
More
04 Oct 2012 00:25 #73732 by iamq-yesiam
Replied by iamq-yesiam on topic Re: 2820 SNMP ADSL Interface Counters Broken?!
Not been about in a while - but I've been running another beta firmware on my test line at home where the counters are working as they should.

I won't go through all the mess to get there though (including beta's which crashed the router)

I've just had to buy a 2830 for a work job so I'm going to see what there like (If any better) Otherwise still need to find a decent hardware vendor who can make someone like a draytek just without the poor software support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2012 09:53 #73735 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic Re: 2820 SNMP ADSL Interface Counters Broken?!
So do we imply that as you have been testing a Beta that development work on the 2820 firmware has not stopped?

Howard

• iamq-yesiam
  • Topic Author
More
04 Oct 2012 23:26 #73744 by iamq-yesiam
Replied by iamq-yesiam on topic Re: 2820 SNMP ADSL Interface Counters Broken?!
Well I can't say if there is any more coming for the 2820 *but* once I email back my results & finish checking over some of the other features there should be at least a fix for the current broken firmware. I've not dared to ask about the future life of the 2820 as we have the 30, and 50 now. I suspect there is no chance for example of getting protocol 47 hand off (IPv6 in IPv4) or a dual stack on the router firmware.

I also asked about the rest of the MIB tree and have only had the answer 'we will pass it on to 3rd line' - I'm yet to hear anything more about it - I was asking for (SNMP) data for the wireless chipset (at minimum)

I've been somewhat slow at testing this one for a number of reasons so I suspect it's my fault (in part) nothings been released sooner so sorry all!

Moderators: Sami