Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

hello and Help

• jonp73
  • Topic Author
More
21 Feb 2012 21:35 #71313 by jonp73
hello and Help was created by jonp73
Please!

I took delivery of my 2850n yesterday to replace the Openreach modem and Homehub3

I managed to get up and running after a quick email to support and all was good, until............

I decided to just have a look through the options and i set up a wireless password and the unit wanted to reset, fine but when it rebooted i had no internet connection - after much faffing about i had to turn the box off, remove all cables but the vdsl and rj45 to my pc, reboot and wait for it to resync. The problem is i now have to do tnis eveytime a setting is changed which requires a reboot and it is not only annoying but extremely annoying

I then decided to goto the lounge to watch some telly and couldnt connect to iplayer through BT Vision so tried accessing the admin page of the 2850 through my phone to see if it was a seeting ive overlooked and noticed that my phone was trying to connect to a second router i use as a repeater in the lounge as it had a stronger signal, but wouldnt connect - due to changing passwords i go back to the study to try on the pc and check my settings. Out of curiosity i checked my network settings only to see thatvthe homeplug which connects the router to the tv cant be seen on the network and hence tge iplayer or my media streamer :(

Basically i have

2850n -> homeplug -> homeplug -> 2nd router / media streamer / BT Vision Box

The homeplug or anything downstream from it cant be seen by my pcs network settings /map bt can using the OR modem and HH3 - Is there a setting im missing / something i need to enable?

Ive had to swap back to the BT kit as between the two issues i just cant practically use the 2850 :(

Sorry for such a long winded call for help as a first post but im at my wits end and any help and suggestions will be much appreciated

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jonp73
  • Topic Author
More
22 Feb 2012 06:54 #71317 by jonp73
Replied by jonp73 on topic Re: hello and Help
After some reading up it appears to be some IP allocation of teh homeplugs and a reboot of these will help, it did and the Streamer / WAP etc are fine, but no iPLayer im getting a "Code 0, Failed to load resource"

After more reading a reset of teh BT Vision Box seems to cure it, so reboot that (Hard reboot, cable out the back jobby).

I am then met with the boot up screen

Boroadbank Connection - Tick

Connection to Home Hub - X

Rinse, repeat, cant even get any TV without the HH being installed, it just won't go past this stage :(

It appears that in the recent software update to Vision (notice the colours have changes slightly) the reboot requires it to scan and check for the HH3 (IP allocation / confirmation or something ?) so all up and running nicely (bar the PITA manual input of password on any option changes to teh 2850n) BUT no TV :(

Unplugged everything and put OR modem and HH3 back in - straight in, media streamer, TV, Iplayer OD TV.

It was late by the time id got to this point and have to leasve the TV / Media streamer fully up and running today as the wife is at home with the kids.

But can anyone help with the HH scan at start up of teh Vision Box and any workround (which also leaves me with iplayer) ?

If I cant get these sorted im gonna have to RMA the 2850n which I really don't want to have to do :(

Many thanks

More
28 Feb 2012 14:46 #71391 by iamq-yesiam
Replied by iamq-yesiam on topic Re: hello and Help
Is this not VLAN related ?

I have a feeling that the BT vision stuff & other bits like management etc all come over a different VLAN on the WAN side.

You would need to check all the settings etc and see what you can find - as an aside how is the 2850 working with the VDSL side of things ?

Moderators: Sami