Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2820Vn

• ukzone99
  • Topic Author
More
22 Feb 2012 23:48 #71337 by ukzone99
Draytek 2820Vn was created by ukzone99
Hi Guys...

I have just bought a second user Vigor 2820Vn router.
It seems to work OK but when I plug my ethernet cable into the first network port, marked (giga), only ONE light, lights up.
When I plug my network cable into ports 2,3 or 4 TWO lights, light up.

Can anybody tell me if this is normal, or is it a fault ???

Thanks

John C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2012 19:52 #71443 by john rumm
Replied by john rumm on topic Re: Draytek 2820Vn
It may be a fault... check the visible pins in the network socket to make sure they have not been bent or broken etc and compare with those in the adjacent socket.

If they look ok, then have a look at the connection stats of the PC you connect to the socket, and see if that is reporting a gig or 100Mbit connection (in windows, task manager will show you on the networking tab the link speed for each LAN). You may find the connection is fine, but you have a LED failure ;-)

More
05 Mar 2012 14:43 #71459 by frag
Replied by frag on topic Re: Draytek 2820Vn
This is not a fault and is intentional.

If memory serves it is to indicate the line speed... i believe if the right hand light on the gigabit port is also on then this means that the connection is only running at 10/100 speed instead of gigabit.

More
05 Mar 2012 17:48 #71466 by john rumm
Replied by john rumm on topic Re: Draytek 2820Vn

Frag wrote: This is not a fault and is intentional.

If memory serves it is to indicate the line speed... i believe if the right hand light on the gigabit port is also on then this means that the connection is only running at 10/100 speed instead of gigabit.

Tother way round I believe... if the right hand light is on, then its running 1000, and if its off then 10 or 100. With the other ports light on means 100 and off means 10.

Moderators: Sami