DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2710n reboots continuously

• steveb_online
  • Topic Author
More
29 Feb 2012 08:57 #1 by steveb_online
Vigor 2710n reboots continuously was created by steveb_online
I have recently received a new 2710n after I returned the previous one with a fault that resulted in the router simply stalling after weeks of faultless operation in to a continuous reboot cycle. Sometimes this could be retrieved by switching the router on and off, but not always. It was running firmware 3.3.6.1.
I did the unthinkable and tried a spare BT HomeHub 2.0 router. It worked straight out of the box and was rock steady for a month while I was awaiting the replacement Vigor unit. When the new one arrived (Firmware Version: 3.3.6.1_232201
Build Date/Time: Feb 23 2011 09:56:18 ADSL Firmware Version : 232201_A Hardware: Annex A) it worked fine but now has started doing the exact same thing. The connection hangs and the router cycles through about 30-45 sec of the same sequence of flashing lights (with all the LAN lights going orange at some stage) and then repeats it until I turn it off. When I connect the BT Home Hub again it works fine and has never hung-up, so I conclude that the Vigor unit is at fault (again).
I've been a long time Vigor enthusiast and it hurts that the free BT unit is giving more reliable service. The only reason I want the Vigor router now is that the printer USB is useful for my network of PCs.
Before I send the new unit back for ANOTHER replacement, any suggestions about what I may be able to do would be appreciated, please. We have a long line to the exchange and connect at about 2-3 MB (rock solid with the BT unit)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami