DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Questions on 2930 - VPN trunking

More
29 Feb 2012 09:56 #1 by mtmb
Questions on 2930 - VPN trunking was created by mtmb
Hi Folks

I've a few questions on my plans of using 2 x 2930 for VPN trunking / load balancing that hopefully some of the knowledgeable people here can answer.
My planned setup:
Headquarters
Connection 1 - 20Mb leased line up and down(will keep the original router/modem, so connection is presented to the 2930 as ethernet)
Connection 2 - 40Mb down / 20Mb up fibre (will keep the original router/modem, so connection is presented to the 2930 as ethernet)

Branch Office
Connection 1 - 20Mb leased line up and down (will keep the original router/modem, so connection is presented to the 2930 as ethernet)
Connection 2 - 36Mb down / 18Mb up fibre (will keep the original router/modem, so connection is presented to the 2930 as ethernet)

How I would like it to work, but I'm not sure if this is possible:
1 - Create a VPN (trunk) between both sites using both connections at each site.
2 - Have load balancing setup so that both VPNs are used. Does the VPN trunk do this automatically?
3 - If one connection goes down e.g. connection 2 at headquarters, the VPN traffic continues to flow, preferably without any noticeable dowetime.
4 - VOIP traffic (not using the VOIP ports on the 2930) is either given protected bandwidth, or using QoS to get a higher priority than all other traffic.

Does anyone know is this all achievable?

Thanks

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami