Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830 MAC Filtering Issue

• aatthowe
  • Topic Author
More
29 Feb 2012 17:50 #1 by aatthowe
2830 MAC Filtering Issue was created by aatthowe
Hi,

I have an issue with a 2830n router, the customer in question has a strict security policy which is causing an issue. They main company has a 10MB leased line from BT via a cisco router running into the WAN2 port on a Draytek 2830n router which has mac filtering turned on (Strict binding). They have a second company on the same site which shares the leased line but on a different subnet. This company has their own draytek 2830n which is connected via a cat5 cable into the main companies switch. The second router is setup with WAN2 on DHCP (This picks up a IP from the main network, the mac address of the WAN2 port has been allowed in the first draytek and set with an ip address). It all works fine, bar 4/5 times a day the second company loses internet access it stops serving DNS requests and I can see why. Restarting the second draytek router for that company solves the issue for a few hours then it reoccurs. I have turned mac filtering off on the main draytek for the last couple of days and it has been perfect but the customer will not let me leave it like this. I have attached log files from both routers but dont really want to put them publically on here. The firmware on the main router is 3.3.6.1_232201, the other router has version beta 0414 but originally had the same firmware version as the other router. Sorry if I have missed any information out

Thanks

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami