DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830np - WAN2 over PPPOE connects but no traffic

More
01 Mar 2012 12:32 #71417 by jiksl
I've got a Draytek Vigor 2830n+ (192.168.0.1) and have connected our primary ADSL which works fine.

I've a second ADSL line on a Netgear DGN1000 router (192.168.0.3). I've changed this to "modem mode" and connected via WAN2 on the Draytek over PPPOE and this connects fine; both WAN1 and WAN2 are showing in green as connected and online on the Online Status page of the Draytek.

However, there no-one can browse the internet. The only way anything will work is to disconnect WAN2 or to add a Load Balance rule to send all traffic over WAN1.

DHCP is managed by an internal server which I've set to use a public DNS (Googles 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) to get around any DNS issues.

I've tried the Netgear WAN2 router/modem on a different subnet (192.168.2.1) and the same happens; it connects to the ADSL but no internet.

Both Draytek & Netgear are up to date on firmware. As directed from other forum posts WAN1, WAN2 & WAN3 have no "Display Name" set.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2012 20:27 #71429 by podwin
I'm having the same problem, so hope someone comes along with advice soon.

WAN2 will show green as it is connected to the modem, yet I have no internet when using WAN2 only, so WAN2 is pointless, yet it does connect to the internet and works fine when directly connected with a PC to test the 2nd connection.

More
05 Mar 2012 12:12 #71447 by podwin
I think I may have to send this Draytek router back, as far as I can see, there are a lot of people complaining about this on the internet.

More
05 Mar 2012 14:20 #71450 by frag
A fiver says it will work properly if you let DHCP and DNS be handled by the router.

Moderators: Sami