2830n Plus VLAN / routing problems

• drkmtr
  • Topic Author
More
03 Mar 2012 00:27 #71431 by drkmtr
2830n Plus VLAN / routing problems was created by drkmtr
Hello,

FYI, my FW is : 3.3.6.1db
I've been trying to set up vlans on my 2830, whereby my intention is to have all ports and SSID1 part of VLAN1, and SSID's 2,3,4 on a separate VLAN (SSID's 3 & 4 are disabled), as per this screenie....

Albeit SSID2 is on its own VLAN, i would like it to communicate with VLAN1 (so that I can disable the communication quickly, if need be). I configured the Inter-LAN routing as follows...

Ports 1,2,3,4 and SSID1 are configured on LAN1 (as screenie above), which has the following config

SSID2 is configured on LAN4, with the following settings...

As mentioned previously, I'd like wireless clients on SSID2, to communicate with VLAN 1 (and vice versa), and I believe the configuration I have set up should enable this to work, however...

From an station (wire or wireless) on LAN1, I can ping the IP of the gateway on that subnet, and I can ping the gateway of the other subnet, but neither can ping any hosts on either subnet - but...NAT works fine on both subnets, and all hosts on either subnet can browse the web with no issues.

Consulting the routing table...

I can see that the routes are automatically established, however both subnets are marked as private.

I searched the forum and consulted this post...

http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16965

...ultimately getting hold of the latest beta and installing it. However, installing the latest beta did not alleviate the issue, so I reverted back to the most current stable (as above).

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how I can get the to VLANS to communicate with each other?

Thanks in advance,

Jay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2012 14:37 #71458 by frag
Replied by frag on topic Re: 2830n Plus VLAN / routing problems
Hello Jay,

It looks as though this should work correctly.

I am just wondering 1 thing... are SSID2,3 and 4 also propogated across access points? Are the client devices connected directly to the router?

Also, 3.3.7 f/w is now available and is worth installing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami