DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Dropout issues

More
05 Mar 2012 14:19 #71449 by ades
Dropout issues was created by ades
Hi I have 3200 router and two 120 modems connecting 2 seperate ISPs.
My problem is they seem to work fine for a few days then they start to dropout and lose connection. The DSL light remains on on the modems

The equipment is less than a year old. When it works it works very well

BT have been in and found no fault on the lines.

Does anyone have any suggestions please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2012 14:31 #71455 by frag
Replied by frag on topic Re: Dropout issues
Hello Ades,

There are many factors which could be at play here. You need to narrow things down a little bit.

Firstly, you mention that the device loses connection? Is this over a VPN, the entire WAN connection, DNS resolution, file transfers, etc? What are the exact symptoms seen when the problem occurs? Can you ping an external IP address, resolve host names, so aon and so forth.

Basically we'll need more information to be able to help.

More
05 Mar 2012 16:17 #71461 by ades
Replied by ades on topic Re: Dropout issues
Hi Frag thanks for your reply. Basically all connections are lost. Cannot ping, no internet or VPN. DHCP is supplied by our server and is switched off on the router.
I have now disconnected the 3200 and put back my old 2820n on one of my ISP's. So far been up for over an hour with no problem. Cant believe there is a problem with thre 3200 or the modems as they are less than 6 months old and up until now have worked perfectly.

More
05 Mar 2012 16:25 #71463 by frag
Replied by frag on topic Re: Dropout issues
Righto, try the 3200 without the DHCP server running... let DHCP be handled by the router (just for testing purposes) and see if you run into the same problems.

Moderators: Sami