Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Network Switch and Vigor2830Vn Plus

• scabro
  • Topic Author
More
16 Mar 2012 09:33 #71596 by scabro
Network Switch and Vigor2830Vn Plus was created by scabro
Hi everyone,

Recently I bought the Vigor2830Vn Plus and I have a problem with accessing it over the wired network through the network switch.

All computers on the network are connected to the network switch (EDIMAX ES-5240GE) via CAT6A and I've set them all up with the static IPs.

I have also connected the Router to the switch the same way, but cannot access it over the ethernet - only when I connect to it wireless.

I have even assigned each computer's IP address to is Mac address on the Router, but still nothing.

Any idea what might be causing the problem?

Also - I'm still waiting for my internet connection and am currently using the 3G dongle. I tried to connect it to the WAN3, but it doesn't seem to distribute the signal to the networked computers.
I did everything that's in the manual, but without any luck. Is there anything else I should do in order to get the dongle to work with my network computers connected via cable?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2012 11:22 #71600 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Network Switch and Vigor2830Vn Plus
Do you have VLANs enabled on the 2830 and if so, is it using VLAN tags as well?
If so then you'll need to either disable that until you've got matching VLAN tags configured on the switch or try turning off VLANs and set the switch back to its defaults which should stop that from using VLAN tags as well if it is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami