DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2750n - Very poor performance overall!!!

• 5pencerǃ
  • Topic Author
More
22 Mar 2012 17:07 #71649 by 5pencerǃ
2750n - Very poor performance overall!!! was created by 5pencerǃ
Hi guys,

Just got a new 2750n today for use with BT Infinity. What a nightmare I had getting it to even connect to Infinity! (I had to upgrade the firmware to the latest beta one) But speed/performance is no better than the home hub 3. Also, wireless is no improvement and even using the GUI is very slow. Why does it take ages to respond to anything. For example, I click on LAN, or any of the items listed on the left and I have to wait 5-10 seconds before it responds.

Is anyone else having similar issues? I'm probably going to send it back as no point keeping it.

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2012 12:28 #71668 by aliendough
Replied by aliendough on topic Re: 2750n - Very poor performance overall!!!
I'm using it on BT Infinity and didn't have a problem setting it up. Infact, I was quite surprised at how easy it was as.

My performance has been good. It's no faster, but the HH had a abit of dropping the connection and also dropping the speed, and this needed a reboot to solve. The DrayTek seems to be holding on to a good speed for me. My down speed is 33.3 Mbps....

• 5pencerǃ
  • Topic Author
More
27 Mar 2012 13:16 #71690 by 5pencerǃ
Replied by 5pencerǃ on topic Re: 2750n - Very poor performance overall!!!
Well I managed to get it working with BT Infinity and I did actually see a speed increase in the end.

However I have sent the router back, as the slow GUI was driving me crazy. It was just taking ages to respond to anything I did. Kept saying waiting for 192.168.1.1 or uploading. I tried it on Safari, Chrome and IE, but got the same results each time on each browser.

Perhaps my 2750n was faulty? Shame as I really liked the look of the Draytek and loads of people on various boards rave about them.

I tempted to try the Draytek 2830!? Does anyone have any opinion on this one?

Also, did/does anyone else have slow responses using the Draytek GUI?

Cheers,

More
27 Mar 2012 17:06 #71699 by aliendough
Replied by aliendough on topic Re: 2750n - Very poor performance overall!!!
No issues with a slow GUI for me and I log in wirelessly.

More
21 Apr 2012 15:52 #71976 by alexatkin
Replied by alexatkin on topic Re: 2750n - Very poor performance overall!!!
I'm thinking about getting a 2750 myself so am trying to learn of all its quirks before considering it however you left me puzzled.

If it actually improved your connection in the end and the ONLY problem you had was the slow GUI - then why send it back?

Most people once they have configured the router to their liking, they don't need to touch the GUI again so it being slow would be a none issue.

Moderators: Sami