DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

User Policy - how to allow one URL but block another

• cookan
  • Topic Author
More
25 Mar 2012 15:56 #71671 by cookan
Hi,
having got over some initial setup issues I'm now struggling with the following...can anyone help ?

I have User Based management and have created a couple of users...I want one user to have a 'pass all' policy which I've done quite simply byu applying the Default policyto that user (which is 'pass').

The other user I want to block everything by default, but allow specific websites, however I also need to block certain parts of those websites.
So far I have the restricted user's policy set to a Rule that allows a list of Keyword Objects pointed at via a URL Content filter (AllowedURLs = [x,y,z]). In essence, they're online game websites which i've set up as for example '.miniclip.com' etc and grouped them within a keyword group which I've then created a URL Content Filter from.

The allowable URLs is working but I need to now block '.miniclip.com/social' to prevent access to the messaging/social network part of the site. Should the firewall execute the Policy defined for the user, then follow on to the next rule in that ruleset ? it doesn't appear to, but I'm sure there must be a way of achieving it somehow...

thanks,
Ant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami