DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2930, apr issue

• dan570
  • Topic Author
More
27 Mar 2012 12:04 #71689 by dan570
2930, apr issue was created by dan570
Hey, basically our in the sys log under the firewall tab we have a constant stream of apr address mismatch, apr address mismatch ethernet source address doesnt match ARP sender address, just wondering if anyone as a fix or explanation of this error.

Hope you can help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2012 14:06 #71693 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: 2930, apr issue
Some ISPs using MPoA send 'rogue' (invalid) ARP messages to the modem. This will prevent data from flowing to the Internet; the router will show you as online, with an IP address. If this occurs, you will need to telnet to the router (not the modem) and issue the command ip arp accept 1. This is available on the Vigor29XX series routers.

Taken from: http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor100_setup.html

Regards,

Neal.

• dan570
  • Topic Author
More
27 Mar 2012 15:06 #71696 by dan570
Replied by dan570 on topic Re: 2930, apr issue
Unfornately since our router is only on the firmware version 3.03 we are not able to use the command, we'd have to schedule mainteance time to update the firmware, also when updating the firmware on a 2930 it keeps its settings correct?

More
27 Mar 2012 18:43 #71700 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: 2930, apr issue
When updating firmware on any Draytek product, some settings may be preserved, but configs are highly likely to get messed. The only safe thing is to make all your input from scratch in the firmware you applied. Only use the .rst (reset) file. I keep printouts of all of my Draytek Configs, as well as a scanned PDF backup. It is long-winded, but gives the reliability I strive for in IT. Best regards, Neal.

More
02 Aug 2012 15:45 #73136 by gibby
Replied by gibby on topic Re: 2930, apr issue
I'm getting the same arp message.

I have a 2830 and a 2830n, on seperate Plusnet and Daemon lines. I have been having intermittent problem accessing the internet.
I have tried the telnet command 'ip arp accept 1' - although the ISPs are using PPPOA, rather than MPOA.

Any other ideas on how to stop this message, and also is this likely to be affecting internet access?

Moderators: Sami