DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2930 with VLAN and windows Server 2003 DHCP

• kebabinho
  • Topic Author
More
27 Mar 2012 13:25 #71691 by kebabinho
Hi,

I am trying to set up a guest network and im nearly there i just need some help with the last bit. I have created 2 VLAN's on the router
P1,P2,P3 are for our normal company network access
P4 is for a "guest" network

We have a windows server handling our DHCP requirements so i have set up the router as a relay. I have attached a switch to P4 and then connected this to some CAT5 sockets and also a Wireless AP for our customers use and all works fine. When you connect to the "Guest network" either by cable or wireless you get all the IP information from our windows server, access to the internet, and no access to any of our normal network servers.

The issue is that the "guest network" is still bound by the firewall rules i have set up for our main network. I think i can get round this by getting the windows server DHCP to give out certain addresses in a range (if the request comes from P4) and then add a rule at the top of the firewall list in the router that allows access to everything, for these addresses. My problem is i dont know how the windows server knows that the user is connected to the guest network (p4), and thus give out an address from a certain range

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Gareth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami