Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Allowing internet to non allowed devices

• jessica.wesley
  • Topic Author
More
28 Mar 2012 09:13 #71705 by jessica.wesley
Allowing internet to non allowed devices was created by jessica.wesley
Hi,

Im hoping someone can help me solve a problem for a new client, they are using a Dreytek Vigor 2830vn router.

The client has a digital signage box which is connected to the network (we can ping it and update it) but has no internet connection.
The box its self is connected to a wall point at the rack, this wall point is then linked to one upstairs which is connected directly to the Dreytek router.

Can anyone let me know if there is a setting i need to change that will allow the box to have a full internet connection, im wondering is the dreytek is not allowing the connection to non allowed devices but i couldnt see a setting that would let me change this.

Thanks you for any help :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2012 10:00 #71706 by nealuk
Has the Signage box picked up a Local Network IP address by DHCP, or has it been set up on the Signage box manually?

• jessica.wesley
  • Topic Author
More
28 Mar 2012 10:07 #71707 by jessica.wesley
Replied by jessica.wesley on topic Re: Allowing internet to non allowed devices
Hi,

Yes we set it to get a static ip, with dhcp although i did notice that the dhcp pool for the .1 addresses is only 50 and this address is a .1.200 i think this may be the issue

More
28 Mar 2012 13:13 #71711 by nealuk
Hi, it may be worth checking that the Subnet Mask which the 2830 is running is 255.255.255.0 or a wider range.

If, for example the Digital Signage box has an IP address of 192.168.1.200 it should have a subnet mask to match the local area newtwork, likely 255.255.255.0
It should also gave the Dafault Gateway set, and this will likely be the same as the 2830's IP, which I'm guessing will be 192.168.1.1

I don't know what the DNS arrangement would be on site, but I would try setting the Digital Signage box manual DNS primary the same as 2830, e.g. 192.168.1.1 and the secondary as 8.8.8.8

Regards, Neal.

• jessica.wesley
  • Topic Author
More
28 Mar 2012 18:57 #71716 by jessica.wesley
Replied by jessica.wesley on topic Re: Allowing internet to non allowed devices
thanks,

we have the dns set as 192.168.1.1 but its still not getting any internet access. When we tried to change the setting to DHCP it kept saying waiting but didnt seem to get a connection ! any other ideas ?

thank you

More
29 Mar 2012 10:38 #71719 by nealuk
Perhaps check under Bind IP to MAC - because if you are using select Strict Bind, unspecified LAN clients cannot access the Internet?

Moderators: Sami