DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Re: Problems with WAN2 and static ip addresses [SOLVED]

• paul_rogers6
  • Topic Author
More
29 Mar 2012 11:49 #71721 by paul_rogers6
Dear All

I have a Vigor 2820Vn router and have recently moved from ADSL to BT Infinity which has meant changing from the WAN1 interface and PPoA to WAN2 and PPoE. I have multiple public, static IP addresses and until the change had been using IP Aliases. However it seems that this functionality is not available on WAN2, or is its?? The manual explains all about setting multiple IP addresses with WAN2 but hidden in the text it says only available for WAN2. There appears to be no button for accessing the IP Aliases in the WAN2/WAN/Internet Access section.

There are a couple of posts on here that seem to suggest IP Aliases can be used with WAN2. I'm now thoroughly confused!!

Can someone confirm if it is or isn't available for use with WAN2?

If not is there some way that the WAN1 IP aliases can be used with WAN2 ( using bonding and or the fault tolerance mechanism built into the device etc)?

Anyone else had this problem and resolved it?

many thanks

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• paul_rogers6
  • Topic Author
More
29 Mar 2012 13:11 #71722 by paul_rogers6
Replied by paul_rogers6 on topic Re: Problems with WAN2 and static ip addresses
Hi

It seems this issue has been addressed in later firmware upgrades (i'm running 3.2.0). However when I attempt to upgrade the firmware I get the following error message:

Firmware filename is invalid, please check!

I've tried renaming the file everywhich way with no success. I've tried v2820_v337_232201_A.all from the uk website and v2820_v3371_211011_A.all from the ftp site.

Any ideas

Thanks

Paul

• paul_rogers6
  • Topic Author
More
29 Mar 2012 15:07 #71725 by paul_rogers6
Hi All

It turns out that the problem with uploading the firmware is a result of using firefox!! Switching to IE fixed the problem.

The upgrade to 3.3.7 has added the WAN IP Aliases facility to WAN2 so everything is working now.

P

Moderators: Sami