Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

WAN1 Disconnection

• streetjo1
  • Topic Author
More
30 Mar 2012 21:56 #71741 by streetjo1
WAN1 Disconnection was created by streetjo1
Hi,
Im going to jump straight to it. My Draytek 2820n is relatively new for me, and very recently (last week) the WAN1 keeps disconnecting and i get DNS errors. My ISP is O2 broadband and I have gone through all the set up and it was working perfectly fine until about a week ago. The WAN reconnects itself and will work perfectly fine until it disconnects again which could be anything from 1 hour to 10 hours, and sometimes my computer (Mac) would not be able to connect at all and I would have to turn it off and on again.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2012 22:42 #71753 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: WAN1 Disconnection
Hello, please could you confirm the O2 package you are on? Which firmware and modem code do you currently have on the 2820? Thanks, Neal

• streetjo1
  • Topic Author
More
01 Apr 2012 23:15 #71754 by streetjo1
Replied by streetjo1 on topic Re: WAN1 Disconnection
Im on the old Premium package without the static ip.Firmware version: 3.3.7_232201. Modem: 232201_A Hardware: Annex A
Thanks

More
02 Apr 2012 11:56 #71757 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: WAN1 Disconnection
I would try this later firmware & better suited modem code: ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2820/Firmware/v3.3.7.1/AnnexA/Vigor2820_V3.3.7.1A_2471201.zip

Best regards, Neal

• streetjo1
  • Topic Author
More
02 Apr 2012 12:10 #71758 by streetjo1
Ok thanks,
ill install the firmware and modem settings and monitor it for a little while, and post back if the disconnection keeps occurring.

• streetjo1
  • Topic Author
More
02 Apr 2012 18:49 #71767 by streetjo1
I updated the firmware and modem. I then tried to do all the settings again and could not get it to connect so I restored my settings from last time, but disabled the second WLAN SSID (I connect my ps3 and xbox to this one) and it was running fine for a couple of hours. So i decided to turn the second WLAN on and about an hour after that (the ps3 and xbox were off) it disconnected. Just like before.

Moderators: Sami