DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Multiple WAN Issue

• spaceboyo
  • Topic Author
More
28 Apr 2012 10:04 #72047 by spaceboyo
Multiple WAN Issue was created by spaceboyo
Hi I have a 2950 with 2 WANs connected. Both WANS have multiple ip's supplied by ISP.

My problem is that we now run a new mail server internally and it just goes out on any old ip address it likes.

I've unticked join NAT pool on both, so now it only goes out on either the main IP of WAN 1 or the main IP of WAN 2.

I've tried specifying a load balance policy with the following:

Protocol: any
Binding Wan: WAN1
Src ip start: 192.168.2.30
Src ip end: 192.168.2.30
Dest Ip start: the WAN ip as specified by ISP (which is an ip listed in WAN ip ALIAS, but not ticked to join NAT pool)
Dest Ip end: the WAN ip as specified by ISP
Dest Port Start: blank
Dest Port End: Blank

How can I make it go out on a specific global IP address as it's causing quite a bit of our mail to be classed as SPAM.

Internal pointing is not a problem as have mx records pointing at specific WAN IPs on both WANs and then routing them to internal mailserver, it's just the other way round I can't sort.

Help!! Driving me mad.

Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• spaceboyo
  • Topic Author
More
28 Apr 2012 10:17 #72048 by spaceboyo
Replied by spaceboyo on topic Re: Multiple WAN Issue
Doing some more thinking about this

In the inital setup I've specified the WAN IP address as fixed and entered one of the range of IP addresses as specified by ISP.

Surely that will always be the IP that always shows up externally or is that not correct? (I understand it coming it but does it work going out, can you mascarade as any of the IP addresses in your range?)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami