DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

No WAN access from newly created VLAN

• d3009
  • Topic Author
More
29 Apr 2012 15:43 #72058 by d3009
Dear all,

As a Newbi to configuring VLAN's I guess I may have missed the obvious, however here is the situation:

I want to create 2 VLANs on a Draytek Vigor 2850n, one on port 1 (VLAN0 on LAN1) the other port 3 (VLAN3 on LAN3). This is OK, the VLAN's are setup and are Non Tagged, devices attached to Port 3 received a DHCP address so all appears OK, however I was under the impression that Gateway Address 192.168.5.1 on VLAN3 would already be pre-configured for connection to the WAN. Do I have to create a NAT entry to allow connection of VLAN3 to the WAN or a static route?

VLAN0 works fine, no problem with access to the internet from 192.168.1.0/24 addresses

Comments more than welcome, and also any references to a good introduction guide to home routers with NATting, VLAN's etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• d3009
  • Topic Author
More
03 Jun 2012 13:26 #72422 by d3009
Replied by d3009 on topic Re: No WAN access from newly created VLAN
Issue has now been resolved.
Last week the router went completely AWOL, the kind gents at Draytek Support provided me the instructions of how to reinstall the firmware and all went OK, today I decided to configure the router just to see if I can build the VLAN's OK, this time there was absolutely no problems with access to the internet from both VLANS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami