DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830 firmware upgrade

More
24 May 2012 08:58 #72329 by wufu0801
Replied by wufu0801 on topic Re: 2830 firmware upgrade
On the first sign of trouble we would have downgraded immediately but there does not seem to be any firmware available for an earlier version.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2012 09:06 #72331 by nigelj
Replied by nigelj on topic Re: 2830 firmware upgrade
After spending some time on the phone with SEG tech support (UK distributor), who gave me some useful and some wrong information, I found a document through this forum on the draytek.com site that described the correct way to set up the router.

I've now re-installed the correct firmware end everything is working perfectly. The main issues were (a) the fact [that isn't in the manual] that a time schedule cannot run past midnight...you need a schedule up to midnight, and another from midnight onwards, and (b) my error in the setup of one of the firewall rule features due to misunderstanding (and the manual not explaining properly!).

More
25 May 2012 21:01 #72354 by chavly40
Replied by chavly40 on topic Re: 2830 firmware upgrade

wufu0801 wrote: On the first sign of trouble we would have downgraded immediately but there does not seem to be any firmware available for an earlier version.

I have a copy of the 2830 v3.3.6.1 dual band firmware should you want to downgrade.

More
05 Jun 2012 13:41 #72447 by toph3r
Replied by toph3r on topic Re: 2830 firmware upgrade

chavly40 wrote:

wufu0801 wrote: On the first sign of trouble we would have downgraded immediately but there does not seem to be any firmware available for an earlier version.

I have a copy of the 2830 v3.3.6.1 dual band firmware should you want to downgrade.

ALL previous firmwares are available from Draytek's UK FTP. Details available at the bottom of their download page if memory serves me correctly.

Moderators: Sami