DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2850n and IPv6

• elljay
  • Topic Author
More
18 May 2012 11:35 #72274 by elljay
Vigor 2850n and IPv6 was created by elljay
Anyone got IPv6 working on a 2850n with firmware 3.6.1_232201? It works fine over VDSL with IPv4 and I think I have all the IPv6 settings configured correctly, but it won't get the IPv6 settings from my ISP (Andrews and Arnold). The WAN 1 IPv6 interface never goes green and uptime is stuck at 0:00:00, even if I click "Dial PPP". A&A say it "should just work" !

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2012 14:30 #72291 by frag
Replied by frag on topic Re: Vigor 2850n and IPv6
Hi elljay,

IPv6 definitely works on the 2850.

You should check the IP address (if any) that A&A have assigned to you, if it has the global routing prefix followed by a ::1 or similar address then they are probably bypassing stateless auto -configuration and are going for a DHCPv6/static allocation.

If in doubt, try setting the address they have given you statically and enter the link local address of the gateway device under the WAN static IPv6 settings.

If they HAVEN'T given you a static address to use then stateless auto-config should be in effect and you will get the prefix followed by the EUI. This configuration is the simplest and should just require that the connection type for v6 be set as 'PPP'

If in doubt, try contacting the draytek support team or see if you can get through to someone at A&A who works directly with ipv6.

More
25 May 2012 18:51 #72353 by nigelw
Replied by nigelw on topic Re: Vigor 2850n and IPv6
Just got a 2850 (replacing a 2820 that died). A&A customer so tried out ipv6 - and its working here.

I went to WAN->Internet Access->WAN1 Details Page->ipv6 tab
And then changed the connection type to:PPP

Allocated a /64 on the A&A line control panel, rebooted router.

Its all working - My MacOS 10.7 MacBookPro automatically got an IPv6 address and can ping6, traceroute6 onto the internet.

Now I'm just about to turn it off again - until I can check if its properly fire-walled!

Moderators: Sami