Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Facebook Chat

• robdos
  • Topic Author
More
22 May 2012 09:44 #72300 by robdos
Facebook Chat was created by robdos
Hi

We have just purchased a 2830n to filter the internet during office hours. Its all working fine, the filter relaxes between 12 and 2 to allow for some lunch time surfing.

However, I'd like to restrict the use of FaceBook chat - but allow users to access facebook.

Has anyone achieved this? I've tried a URL filter for the chat page on facebook but no joy.

Thanks,

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2012 10:00 #72301 by frag
Replied by frag on topic Re: Facebook Chat
Give the APP enforcement profile a try and just select everything on the IM page. This may or may not work, I don't see FB chat on there but it might be categorized under one of the other options.

More
24 Jun 2012 11:00 #72714 by toph3r
Replied by toph3r on topic Re: Facebook Chat

robdos wrote: Hi

We have just purchased a 2830n to filter the internet during office hours. Its all working fine, the filter relaxes between 12 and 2 to allow for some lunch time surfing.

However, I'd like to restrict the use of FaceBook chat - but allow users to access facebook.

Has anyone achieved this? I've tried a URL filter for the chat page on facebook but no joy.

Thanks,

Rob

All I can say is, I am glad I don't work for your firm. Nothing like a bit of censorship to piss employees off whilst at work.

More
25 Jun 2012 00:20 #72717 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Facebook Chat
Maybe is bad blocking social but really How Draytek forgot this, about facebook ,twiter,my space etc????

Moderators: Sami