Routing Traffic

• npasupport
  • Topic Author
More
25 May 2012 15:28 #72348 by npasupport
Routing Traffic was created by npasupport
Hi All

Sorry if this has been covered but I could not locate anything

I have Virgin Hi-Speed Cable broadband (SuperHub) & this is connected to WAN2 of a Draytek 2830 to filter through internet for the company as Virgin offered 50MB speeds & this was the only way to get it connected (as we need VPN later on)

The Domain Controller is configured to route all traffic via the IP address of the Draytek router on WAN2 & this all works fine with no issues at all apart from one

We then connected an ADSL to WAN1 & proceeded to create a VPN to another Draytek at a 2nd location & this also works ok with no issues

This is the problem we find:- Users (not on the VPN) who are accessing a financial website to get quotes etc find themselves disconnected & the IT company advise it is because their IP address is changing mid-way through the quote system

The only way I can see this happening is "for some reason" they route out via the Virgin Cable on port 443 & start the quote & then midway they somehow mange to "Jump" to the WAN1 & then try to finish the quote but because their IP has changed the financial website doe snot permit this

So how can I ensure that all traffic, in or out is directed via WAN2 for HTTPS as I believe this would resolve the issue

Many thanks

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2012 15:58 #72349 by frag
Replied by frag on topic Re: Routing Traffic
This is actually probably down to the WAN IP alias section of the router.

If you have multiple IP addresses associated with the WAN connection you should uncheck the 'Join NAT IP pool'. This option will randomise outgoing traffic through all of the IP addresses within the pool and would account for the problems youre facing.

• npasupport
  • Topic Author
More
28 May 2012 14:18 #72369 by npasupport
Replied by npasupport on topic Re: Routing Traffic
Hi Frag

Many thanks for your response

I have checked the WAN IP alias & it currently advises 192.168.111.90 with "Join NAT IP Pool" ticked

So are you saying I should untick this box & then traffice will be routed correctly?

Thanks again

Cheers

Paul

Moderators: Sami