DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 - Intermittent Ethernet Connection

• belchie
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jun 2012 12:50 #72406 by belchie
My Vigor 120 v1 was working perfectly until TalkTalk switched me to their LLU product yesterday. My first problem was that the Vigor 120 wouldn't connect to the new account but also, it won't now keep an ethernet connection to my router or laptop. Accessing the router web config pages is difficult because the ethernet connection drops every 6 seconds and reconnects after 3 seconds in a continuous cycle.

Firmware is 3.2.4.4 / v120v1_3244_332201

Has the modem developed a hardware fault and could the TT LLU network be causing the problem? Is this something that can be fixed?

The ISP has confirmed the line is OK and it works with a 2600Plus. The 120 won't sync at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• belchie
  • Topic Author
More
02 Jun 2012 21:33 #72420 by belchie
Well I've tried different versions of the firmware and different settings on my network card and still I can't get a stable ethernet connection from the Vigor 120.

Any ideas?.........anyone?......please......

More
03 Jun 2012 21:13 #72425 by nealuk
Which Power Supply do you have? 120's shipped approx 4 years ago had a supply which didn't have enough current for Annex M enhanced upstream services. What Modulation Type does your 120 connect with on the revised TalkTalk LLU service?

• belchie
  • Topic Author
More
04 Jun 2012 02:33 #72426 by belchie
Thanks for your reply. The power supply is 9v and 0.5 amps - same as the spec written on the modem. I'll try to find a 9v supply with more current and see if it syncs with the line. I don;t know what the modulation is. TalkTalk only said to use multimode, which doesn't help. I remember they said the local exchange (Skelton) could provide up to 8mb down (or did they say 9mb down :?: ) and 1mb up. I think its ADSL2+ but I'm guessing. Does the max speed indicate which modulation is being used?

• belchie
  • Topic Author
More
04 Jun 2012 14:21 #72435 by belchie
I think I'm getting somewhere. I swopped the PSU for one outputting up to 1.4 amps and now I don't have a problem with the ethernet connection dropping. Nice and stable, although the Vigor 120 must be drawing more current as it's getting quite warm. Still no joy with the line sync. TalkTalk have confirmed G.922.5 modulation.

Update: Still can't get a DSL connection. Also I've found there's hissing during telephone calls when the Vigor 120 is switched on. Have tried a new filter but still get the hissing. Maybe the modem's faulty?

Moderators: Sami