DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 3200 - using a Netgear DGND3700 as modem for WAN?

More
01 Jun 2012 21:12 #1 by pgale
I've recenty bought and configured a Vigor 3200 and Vigor 120 v2.

The Vigor 120 is connected to an Annex M ADSL 2+ line and working well so far after getting all my ports opened correctly (took some time).

I have a second line that I'd like to connect to WAN 2 and take advantage of the load balancing.

Both lines are supplied by the same ISP - Enta net through BT. One is Annex M and the other just a standard line. Both achieve excellent sync speeds just below 20Mbps.

FTTC is apparently coming here in October so I thought I'd wait on buying a second Vigor 120 as that would be redundant with FTTC and try and use my existing Netgear DGND3700 (hardware v1 and v1.0.0.17 firmware) modem router in bridge mode to provide the second ADSL connection. However, I'm having a tough time trying to get it to work.

On the Netgear router, I've tried several things - disabled NAT and the firewall and removed all port redirects etc. I've tried setting it with and without DHCP and set the Vigor 3200 WAN2 to static IP and DHCP client enabled etc.

The ADSL line/account that's connected to the DGND3700 has a single public static IP assigned to it.

What's the best way to connect this into the Vigor 3200? What IP address etc should I assign in the WAN2 settings?

The Netgear doesn't have a modem only mode like the newer v2 version has (I think).

Any recommendations would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami