DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2830Vn doesn't factory reset

• wrighty
  • Topic Author
More
03 Jun 2012 19:20 #72424 by wrighty
Vigor 2830Vn doesn't factory reset was created by wrighty
Just today my 2830 started to lose connection and eventually stopped connecting to the Internet. Tried physical ethernet connection to the router and still no joy. Eventualy I decided to do a factory reset, but now it ACT,USB, CSM and DSL come on (solid light), this lasts for about 15-20 seconds then it reboots the 2830?

I've had to revert to an old Netgear Modem to send this message, so any help would be appreciated.

Vigor connection is done via safari and my macbook.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2012 08:00 #72427 by weehappypixie
Replied by weehappypixie on topic Re: Vigor 2830Vn doesn't factory reset
I had the exact same problem and hated the 2830 as it would always work for a few days then reset or corrupt so I went back to my 2820.

With the release of the latest 3.3.7.1 firmware I decided to give it one last chance before trashing it so I flashed the full rst version of the firmware using router tools (set the PC to a static IP, say 192.168.1.5 and point it to 192.168.1.1 in router tools) and so far touch wood its been fine.

You may have to boot it up in recovery mode,

If you have a look at one of my older posts for the 2820 you will get full details how to do it. http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=14498&highlight=

Hope you get it working.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami