DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830Vn + IPv6

• weehappypixie
  • Topic Author
More
06 Jun 2012 20:44 #72468 by weehappypixie
2830Vn + IPv6 was created by weehappypixie
Does anyone know if the 2830 series will ever support IPv6. Don't really want to shell out for the 2850 series as it's a bit overkill for what I need.

Cheers,

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2012 16:11 #72483 by pekoz1
Replied by pekoz1 on topic Re: 2830Vn + IPv6
I appreciate the situation that the Admins are in........but I too would like an answer to this question.

Not sure if ive missed the info in the forum but it would be useful to know which products wont have /may have /will have ipv6 support. Or at least a rough idea of a date when this will be available.

Thanks Mark

NB from a Draytek Canadian reseller site (I think)

http://www.go-draytek.net/

"Remember IPv6 Launch Is June 6 2012 !

Many Draytek models already support IPv6 or have support coming soon in firmware updates - remember to check back here for firmware updates if your model does not already have IPv6 support."

More
07 Jun 2012 22:42 #72489 by rothers

More
12 Jun 2012 16:00 #72555 by mattlintott
Replied by mattlintott on topic Re: 2830Vn + IPv6
I have about 20 2820N units and 5 2030N units, all very much new purchases, and my ISP have just announced that they are rolling out IPv6 next month, and if the modem in use doesn't support it, tough go get a new one! So that will be 25 branch offices offline or without the ability to have a VPN tunnel up. Come on guys these are cracking bits of kit for the money, we need answers on this before we jump elsewhere!

More
13 Jun 2012 10:48 #72563 by jeken
Replied by jeken on topic Re: 2830Vn + IPv6
Or at least a rough idea of a date when this will be available.

More
14 Jun 2012 11:55 #72587 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2830Vn + IPv6

mattlintott wrote: I have about 20 2820N units and 5 2030N units, all very much new purchases

Surely the 2820's are years old... but anyway

mattlintott wrote: my ISP have just announced that they are rolling out IPv6 next month

Bear in mind that you can't "switch" to IPv6, you can only add it to your network for either
local traffic or the (currently) very few Internet sites/services that suppport it

mattlintott wrote: that will be 25 branch offices offline or without the ability to have a VPN tunnel up

Why ?

mattlintott wrote: we need answers on this before we jump elsewhere!

IPv6 development is a major feature, not a little improvement or tweak which might
be expected in a normal firmware update FOC, though as it's still a current product,
IPv6 might be added, unless it needs more memory or something and then they
would have to make a Vigor2830-plus or whatever. However, I don't know what
the actual plans are.

Forum Administrator

Moderators: Sami