DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2920n admin password

More
10 Jun 2012 13:06 #72514 by itm
2920n admin password was created by itm
I am unable to remember the admin password for my 2920n. There are only 4-5 passwords that I use for routers - I tried all of them, including admin/admin and leaving the password blank, but none worked. Does this model lock the admin account after x login attempts? If so, can it be re-enabled without reseting the router?
I really don't want to reset as I have a load of config settings which I haven't got backed up anywhere!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2012 14:52 #72517 by weehappypixie
Replied by weehappypixie on topic Re: 2920n admin password
It shouldn't lock you out but you cannot reset the password without losing your config.

Is your caps lock on?

John

More
10 Jun 2012 14:57 #72518 by itm
Replied by itm on topic Re: 2920n admin password
No, caps lock isn't on. So the admin account definitely doesn't get locked after too many invalid login attempts?

More
10 Jun 2012 15:28 #72519 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: 2920n admin password

itm wrote: No, caps lock isn't on. So the admin account definitely doesn't get locked after too many invalid login attempts?

I wonder if it would help to use Internet Explorer ? An older verison such as 7 ?

More
10 Jun 2012 15:43 #72520 by itm
Replied by itm on topic Re: 2920n admin password

nealuk wrote:

itm wrote: No, caps lock isn't on. So the admin account definitely doesn't get locked after too many invalid login attempts?

I wonder if it would help to use Internet Explorer ? An older verison such as 7 ?

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried on another machine using IE8 and managed to get in without a username or password. So I changed the admin password but it still seems that IE8 is the only browser that can login to the router. IE9 and Chrome simply reject the login credentials.

Is this a known issue?

More
10 Jun 2012 15:50 #72521 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: 2920n admin password
From looking at the posts here on the forum, it seems to be an intermittent problem. Hence, I'm sticking with Internet Explorer 7, and Firefox! Pleased you got logged in. Thanks, Neal

Moderators: Sami