DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2830 and Smart Monitor

• probike
  • Topic Author
More
24 Jun 2012 14:23 #72715 by probike
Draytek 2830 and Smart Monitor was created by probike
Hi. Has anyone managed to get Smart Monitor to work with a 2830? I have spent ages trying with no success. Using Smart Monitor 2.3 on Win 7. Tried XP with same result. Network has DHCP by SBS 2011 server. Have tried using mirror port on switch as alternative to port mirroring on the 2830. Have tried 2 NIC connections. All ways show no connection to router. There are no instructions in the Smart Monitor manual to make any manual changes to the netork settings or firewall - am I missing something obvious? Before wasting yet more hours, it would be encouraging to hear that it works for someone else. If it is a specific problem to the 2830, does Smart Monitor work better with other Draytek models? Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2012 16:32 #72887 by goelofse
Replied by goelofse on topic Re: Draytek 2830 and Smart Monitor
Hi

Just had the same rumble windows 7 and SmartMon 2.4 and raised this as an issue with Draytek support.

They have advised that there will be an update from the developers as to when they will have a version for Windows 7.

Issues found on installation. Cannot install the Smart Monitor Apache instance. End of story.

XP and Vista supported only.

Will update when i get a response from Support regarding Win 7

Rgds
goelofse

• probike
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jul 2012 13:54 #72958 by probike
Replied by probike on topic Re: Draytek 2830 and Smart Monitor
Hi,
Thanks for feedback. Let me know how you get on,
Rgds
Probike

Moderators: Sami