Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 Login Exposed to the internet

• paul666
  • Topic Author
More
02 Jul 2012 13:13 #72816 by paul666
2820 Login Exposed to the internet was created by paul666
Hi,

We had a 2820 install at a new location we r setting up. It is conected to the internet and 2 computers r pluged into to. At the moment their is no one there much. The computers have been left on & they have weak passwords. The internet has just started going v slow - this may not be connected.

We have just found out the it is possiable to log on to the 2820 using admin & admin from the internet or at least it would be if the internet was not so slow now.

How bad could this be?

UPDATE

OK we may have got lucky I c 'Management Access Control' is not ticked so I would imagine the the router cannot be log onto from the internet?

These may seem odd questions but:

It was installed by a external person who said to me another external person that yes the internet must do broken because they had been unable to log onto it from the internet. I am not too familiar with virgor & am trying to sort this via a remote link to a site with a broken internet.

thanx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2012 20:14 #72823 by arbination
Replied by arbination on topic Re: 2820 Login Exposed to the internet
That would suggest port 80 has deliberately been left open - not clever unless there's a solid reason for doing so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami