DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2830 - Separate subnet for all WiFi clients

• adminx
  • Topic Author
More
09 Jul 2012 08:22 #72859 by adminx
I set up a Vigor 2830 during the weekend and got pretty much everything pinned down just how it needs to be.

One thing that is required is to run WiFi f ro visitors and guests.

They will NOT require access to any of the LAN shares and services and it would be preferable to have all WiFi clients on an entirely separate subnet, purely for the purposes of allowing them web access for email/VPN.

The LAN is on a 10.0.10.x range and I would like to implement a 192.168.1.x range for WiFi guest users.

I have to be missing something very obvious - is it (broadly) as simple as setting up a VLAN to bind to a specific SSID to feed subnet addresses to clients connected to it ?

Never done this before so any pointers would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2012 15:12 #72959 by toph3r

adminx wrote:
I have to be missing something very obvious - is it (broadly) as simple as setting up a VLAN to bind to a specific SSID to feed subnet addresses to clients connected to it ?

Yes, literally, it's like that. Just map your guest SSID to a different VLAN to your main network.

LAN > VLAN, select your SSID and tag it to a VLAN, then select an appropriate subnet on the right.

Next, LAN > GENERAL SETUP > Go to the LAN you've pegged your guest VLAN to, and click 'details', then enable the configuration there.

Done.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami