DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Problems setting up a 2930

More
09 Jul 2012 19:31 #72862 by njh
Problems setting up a 2930 was created by njh
Having run a 2900 for may years and a 2600 until it took a lightening strike, I had to upgrade to a 2930 to handle the increase WAN throughput VM are now offering and it has not gone as smoothly as expected. I preconfigured the router and gave it to someone to install a distance away and he could not get it to go on line. I've managed to do it but have noticed:

1 - I connected it to the Cable Modem (CM) and power cycled everything. Normally, transiently, the CM gives the router a 192.168.100.10 address but as soon as it sorts itself out it changes the IP address it gives to the router to the normal public IP address. This is handled seamlessly by a 2900. If fails with the 2930. The 2930 only gets the 192.168.100.10 address and holds onto it, so you never get on line. The only way round this is to log onto the modem and release and renew the WAN (WAN1) lease. At this point it picks up the WAN IP correctly and you are on line.

2 - Again, I set up the IPSec VPN in advance and this failed. In the LAN-LAN profile, in the dial out Advanced settings I need to use the Local ID which should be transmitted during the tunnel negotiation. It looks like anything you put in the Local ID is completely ignored if you use MAIN Mode. This feature worked correctly with my 2600 and 2900.

I am using the latest v3.3.0 firmware.

Any idea what is going wrong and how to fix it?

TIA,

Nick

2900Gi/v2.5.6; 2900/v2.5.6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami