DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820vn suddenley letting me down....

• ldilworth
  • Topic Author
More
09 Jul 2012 21:46 #72864 by ldilworth
2820vn suddenley letting me down.... was created by ldilworth
after 2 years faithful service my 2820vn seems to have got bored of working flawlessly and is now being a pain in the.....

symptoms:
- VERY poor wireless coverage, constant connection timeouts (have checked for overlap on channels and nothing obvious there either)
- rebooting itself randomly

things that have changed recently
- located it next to my netgear 16 port switch
- located it next to my iomega IX4-200d
- upgraded it to 3.3.7.2_232201 FW

other than that nothings changed. i cannot believe locating the other kit "near" it have caused issues so that leaves the firmware or some internal hw fault. anyone else had issues with this model and latest firmware? unit is 28 months old so just out of warranty...feel a bit cheated if I have to ditch and replace it as I would have hoped it would have lasted longer than this so hoping someone seen similar symptoms and can offer advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2012 00:48 #72866 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2820vn suddenley letting me down....
small suggestion can you check if with an other same (voltage/amber) power supply do the same?or any way to test it with an other device
Maybe the power supply start not function good so will cause troubles and lower electric pass to draytek so my not perform good
Did you ask draytek support if is worth the money it to fix the 2820 if will go for repair(instead of getting a new one - any brand)

More
11 Jul 2012 23:15 #72894 by chadh
Replied by chadh on topic Re: 2820vn suddenley letting me down....
I've had huge problems with the upgrade to 3.3.7.2
I'm currently looking through the forums for similar issues - might be worth reverting back to your original firmware to test.

Moderators: Sami