DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830 - 2 ISPs, one 8 Static IP and other Dynamic - HELP

• bradkb
  • Topic Author
More
13 Jul 2012 02:15 #1 by bradkb
Hey all,

Got major issues with our 2830n, had over a year without issues, then over the weekend it went nuts, and together with Support, I managed to reflash it and get the router working, however I cannot get our config to work anymore.

On the ADSL connection we have 8 static IP addresses, and it is mainly used for incoming connections, and outgoing from the mail server only.

All other traffic goes out on the dynamic IP Cable modem.

I have tried all sorts to get this working, and the only way I can get the mail server to go out on is static IP address is to disable the cable modem wan connection.

Problems I have had, enabling it will stop the mail server sending totally, or try to send on the dynamic ip address.

Tried Port Redirection, DMZ Host, Open Ports, Address Mapping and Wan Load Balance policy.

Absolutely no clue where to go from here.

Essentially I need to setup the following -

Wan1 - ADSL, with its own DNS settings, Static IP 1 is for the router, 2 is for a web server, 3 is for the mail server, 4 is for a Windows Server, 5 is for network clients, 6 is for a camera, 7 is for a service and 8 is spare.
Wan 2 - Cable modem, dynamic IP, no services, just straight internet connection for lan, downloads, uploads etc

Anyone able to help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami