DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Dratek 2710n weird fault

• puregeordie
  • Topic Author
More
29 Jul 2012 17:32 #1 by puregeordie
Dratek 2710n weird fault was created by puregeordie
Hi, I have one of these routers and I have an problem in that sometimes I can ping the local ip and sometimes it can't ping. I have reset it to the default and it still don't work right. I have also upgraded to the latest firmware and its still the same.

More details are one minute I can ping locally from different computers connected either via a LAN cable or w/less and it just stops for no reason and times out. I have to switch it off then back on then it works again for about 30 secs then goes off and stop pinging. Sometimes it can go on for longer and work for 30mins and then stops again. I have also noticed when I just have one PC or even no PC's connected direct to it then LAN3 light is always lit but nothing is connected to it. Like I said I think this router is bust and its less than 12 months old as well.

Just a basic thing i'm trying to do, nothing complicated and I just don't know why. It will soemtimes connect to the ISP and stay connected but just to connect to the router is problematic in the least. It doesn't make a difference if I'm static or DHCP, it just still has this problem.

Any ideas or should I just chuck it and by another?

Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami