Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Caller ID/CLID extraction?

• zigzak
  • Topic Author
More
01 Aug 2012 15:57 #73132 by zigzak
Caller ID/CLID extraction? was created by zigzak
Hi,
I have a Vigor 2820Vn (firmware 3.3.7.1_2471201).

I have it connected to both a PSTN line and a VOIP account for making/receiving Voice calls.

My present system, which I'm replacing with the above set-up, is based on an ISDN line and I use an ISDN modem to extract the incoming caller telephone numbers so they can be stored in a call-log and matched with customers, etc, on my computer. I'd like to continue to be able to do this with my new set-up.

Is there any way to extract the incoming telephone/peer ID - preferably from both PSTN and VOIP calls, and preferably without having to constantly poll the router.

I notice there are some TELNET commands which will retrieve the call log, etc, but this would mean polling the router to look for new data every few seconds.

Any suggestions gratefully received,
Thanks,
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• zigzak
  • Topic Author
More
02 Aug 2012 11:08 #73135 by zigzak
Replied by zigzak on topic Re: Caller ID/CLID extraction?
Oh and I'm aware that one solution would be to use a modem on one/both of the phone outputs from the router that can understand Caller ID (such as the US Robotics USR805637) which would then deliver the Caller ID via a Serial Port connection to a computer. But that seems like a backwards way to do it when the information is already in the router in the first place! :?

• zigzak
  • Topic Author
More
21 Aug 2012 20:24 #73266 by zigzak
Replied by zigzak on topic Re: Caller ID/CLID extraction?
No one else has this problem? I must be missing something.. oh well :?

More
24 Aug 2012 12:28 #73292 by jedi98
Replied by jedi98 on topic Re: Caller ID/CLID extraction?
I don't have a V version only a 2820n so just an idea, does it write call records to syslog? If it did you could get it to syslog to a server and then process later as required.

Moderators: Sami