DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2850n on BT FTTC. Everything seems ok but no internet

More
26 Aug 2012 16:24 #73319 by rdt
Hello, I recently purchased a 2850n for my BT FTTC 80/20 and after a few days got it working and browsing was ok and the speed was reasonable. I went away on holiday with my RDP port and http ports open and could connect remotely for 3 days, then I stopped connecting. When I came back and the internet was not accessible. The VDSL status says syncing upstream 75000 and downstream 19999 upstream. The WAN1 light is green the username and password are correct and everything seems to suggest that I should have internet access, but nothing.

I downloaded the 3.6.2 firmware and I now get the odd page here and there at very slow speeds, but 99% of the time I get nothing.

Next step will be factory reset and start again.

****Update to my issue. I have manged to get a slightly better connection by closing my RDP and HTTP ports, for some reason, however this is not stable and the service activation wizard still reports no connection.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2012 19:58 #73320 by weehappypixie
The 2850 series is so flaky at present I gave up using it as a VDSL modem and went back to the BT OpenReach modem via WAN2.

If your using the 2850 as a VDSL modem via WAN1 ensure you have VLAN 101 enabled in order to connect properly.

Hope you get it working soon.

John

More
27 Aug 2012 14:45 #73324 by rdt
Hi John
Thanks for the response

I have gone back to using the Openreach modem and the 2850 as the router, but no luck. I do get my static IP Address assigned but no internet access. Are there any specific settings that I need?

Thanks

Moderators: Sami