• babis3g
  • Topic Author
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Dedicated Contributor
More
12 Sep 2012 14:34 #73466 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Beta 3.6.3
Taken from the polish ftp ftp://ftp.draytek.pl/Seria_2850/Firmware/beta/

This firmware appear as 3.6.3 & first time i have seen 211011_A (don't know if is new or just draytek is using 211011 firmware just for tests for a reason)
While other firmwares will give loop attenuator 24,29,37, this one will give 36

The bug for vdsl light flashing seems is gone but not sure because i have not reboot the 2850 many times to confirm
Usual spikes about every 15min on the monitor for my adsl line
Synchronization (with adls line), ping and speed seems same as other previous firmwares(have not notice any drops)

I notice the following changes

- Vdsl seems changed to 1412f0 ( if i remember correct at 3.6.2 was 1411f0)...sorry not FTTC for me to test the vdsl modem
- LAN >> General Setup > DNS Server IP Address > Force router to use address for DNS ... (Is Not there any more but still have option to use our own DNS address)
- Object Settings >> SMS / Mail Service Object (Added New feature)
- Object Settings >> Notification Object (Added New feature)
- Bandwidth Management >> Quality of Service > Enable the First Priority for VoIP SIP/RTP (Added New feature)
- Applications >> SNMP (Added New feature ... Guessing is Simple Network Management Protocol)

No factory reset performed by adding this beta so don't know if previous bugs gone or any corrections was done
RSSI at inSSDer is reporting a steady -31,-32
The modem is not getting hot with this one but here in UK is not that hot any more to cost extra heat in the modem

Hopefully soon will be publish the 3.6.3,243601 which is my favourite

EDIT
While firmware 243601 SNR magrin will drop and stay down to 7db most of the time (default 9) with this firmware loop attenuator 36...the SNR is varying from 8-10db
Errors are 1000 with in 2 hrs having the firmware

Seems good firmware for noise or unstable lines

*****Rebooted second time to change DNS address
This time got loop attenuator 37 (instead of 36 at first time)
Aslo the SNR is steady at 9db with out floating
Errors this time for about 2 hrs 500
Vdsl light still did not flash so hopefully bug is fixed
RSSI is from -29 and just notice is going -39 so wi-fi seems unstable

Seems each reboot (i have notice this is happening sometimes and with other previous firmwares) has small affect in the whole system

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• babis3g
  • Topic Author
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Dedicated Contributor
More
13 Sep 2012 01:38 #73471 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Beta 3.6.3
Also with this beta the speedtest will show me for first time ping 8
Don't think is mistake because i have run many speedtests before with other firmwares and ping was 9 the lower at very rear cases
This one hits 8ms more easy 8)
:arrow: Also i just gave one more reboot now night time to synchronize more better and vdsl light still not flashing 8)

SNR was more locked to 10 yesterday evening (default 9 and 3.6.2 243601 was locked down to 7) ... but will watch tonight and tomorrow, after tonight's reboot which gave me about 0,800-near 1 mb, better synchronizing

• babis3g
  • Topic Author
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Dedicated Contributor
More
13 Sep 2012 13:41 #73484 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic beta 3.6.3
Update SNR fall to 7 at day time (same as the 3.6.2 243601 which i always use) .No problems so far

ALSO AT THE SAME PAGE WITH EVERY FIRMWARE
(Online Status >> Physical Connection)

I have notice if will stay few minutes (it's auto refresh the results) dispaying the status of the line ...will make higher jitter and latency at monitors and both lines affected
With this example i have left it auto refresh for about 10 mim so you can see how affects the latency with both lines
adsl line

Note both are same time affected
Thanks

EDIT
my 2920 will not do that at the same page auto refreshing(not higher latency at monitors)

• babis3g
  • Topic Author
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Dedicated Contributor
More
18 Sep 2012 03:53 #73530 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2850 ADSL Firmware Tests
Final report of the beta 3.6.3 211011

It is seems improvement for the adls modem
As reported up even this firmware has longer loop attenuator it gave me slightly less ping/jitter than the other 2850 firmwares and same as the TT supplied modem(usually for my fast path connection was getting sometimes lower ping/jitter with modem codes that was having less loop attenuator)

The bug vdsl light which was flashing and will cost higher latency only one time make problem to flash and the rest about 12 times i rebooted the 2850 will operate normal

The errors for my fast-path connection ... almost 3 days for about 10000 errors is very good(see pic below)

The RSSI at inssider will vary and so will go up/down very easy from -30 to -40, rise versa and will float between very frequent (unstable) so is not from the greatest wi-fi with this firmware and also the Wireless LAN >> Web Portal is missing but maybe because is BETA

here is a screen shot and note where i highlighted with blue will show days instead of tens or hundreds of hours like before where we had to calculate the hours to find out how many days was on

Still not present at same page the server information (dslam chip id) for the ADSL connection

All in All a very welcome beta for my adsl connection but not for wi-fi

• babis3g
  • Topic Author
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Dedicated Contributor
More
20 Sep 2012 04:18 #73569 by babis3g
Tonight have notice the page at wan >> Internet access will not load and getting error 500
Reboot and load beta again ... still same error

Guessing because did not done reset when loaded the beta some settings affecting it, after changing many times some of the configurations ... but my adsl and cable lines works fine so if ever need to change settings at wan such MTU annex M to G.DMt etc ... will not be able

• babis3g
  • Topic Author
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Dedicated Contributor
More
21 Sep 2012 17:23 #73600 by babis3g
UPDATE
During the error in the internet access page was ipv6 off

I have enable ipv6 and the error is gone all fine

Moderators: Sami