DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

What am I missing/doing wrong ( Port forwarding question)

• ghost32
  • Topic Author
More
15 Sep 2012 17:53 #73513 by ghost32
2710vn router
PPPoe connection on channel 1 with no multi-pvcs enabled

I'm on sky because MER connection isn't supported on draytek yet so i am connecting via pppoe.
I'm trying to setup port fowarding so i can connect remotely to my NAS box and my home CCTV

I would have thought that just enabling the port forwarding would do it, but i can't seem to get any ports opened ( except for the remote management of the router with is managed my the draytek router itself?)
I've then tried open ports option and set them all up in there
and also set address mapping to point to the NAS box
i even tried setting up a DMZ
nothing seem to be working

i have checked the diag for the NAT session table whilst using a online port checker and i can see the request coming from the website saying it is trying to hit the correct internal ip address

Any ideas of what i am missing?
Thanks
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2012 15:05 #73518 by jasontaylor
What is the port number you are forwarding?

If its the same as one of the default ports under management then you will need to change it even though it might not be in use. Hope this makes sence

More
24 Sep 2012 08:29 #73611 by robathome
Try forwarding another port to something else to see if it's PF in general that isn't working or that particular port eg run an ftp server or remote desktop on your PC (3389) and see if that works.

As it's PPoE you have another box - I assume just a modem and not anything more clever?

Moderators: Sami