Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Default route on 2830n

• gaz.lodge
  • Topic Author
More
21 Sep 2012 15:23 #73596 by gaz.lodge
Default route on 2830n was created by gaz.lodge
Hi...

I have several Draytek routers around the globe that work as a backup to our main MPLS lines. This is the first 2830 router that I have used for this [others are 2800 / 2820] Basically the 2830 sits on the same network as a second gateway and we have a static route on the draytek to point our MPLS network back to our mpls router 192.168.0.0 /16

At all other offices the Draytek's can be managed & respond to ping from the MPLS network but this particular one appears to ignore the static route that I have set to our mpls network. So I cant ping or manage the router from the MPLS network.

Very strange... any ideas? Could this be a bug?

I have also emailed tech support this, was just wondering if anyone else had seen this?

Thanks
Gaz

Gaz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2012 12:54 #73634 by vmgscot
Replied by vmgscot on topic Re: Default route on 2830n
I have had similar issue with all 7 of our 2830 units ..... I was unable to remote manage them over the inter-site WAN (BT managed mpls).
However, I recently updated the firmware of one unit from 3.3.6.1 to 3.3.7.1 and now I CAN manage that unit over MPLS WAN.... firmware update resolved for me perhaps?

• gaz.lodge
  • Topic Author
More
27 Sep 2012 13:56 #73650 by gaz.lodge
Replied by gaz.lodge on topic Re: Default route on 2830n
Thats just what support said too & I have just got round to upgrading the FW & would you Adam & Eve it :D
I can now see the web interface through the routed lan subnet.

Thanks to Harry in support & VMGScott :-)

Cheers Guys
Gaz

Gaz

Moderators: Sami