Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830n locking up...freezing constantly

• maxlmus1
  • Topic Author
More
21 Sep 2012 16:06 #73597 by maxlmus1
2830n locking up...freezing constantly was created by maxlmus1
Hi Guys,

I am the IT Manager of a small international school in the UK and have 5 Vigor 2850n wireless routers dotted around the college mainly for recreational use for the students. There can be 20 -30 students on any one router at a time. Some of the routers have access points cabled into them as well.

The constant problem we have is these 2830n`s constantly lock up ...this is not just one of the routers but all.

I feel it does seem to be a problem when the students are online hammering the internet as at half term and holiday times the issues are not so bad.

Is there a limit to how many people can be logged on at any one time? Has anyone else come accross similar issues?

I am getting a bit fed up of constantly recycling the power on the units as the firware auto reboot dosent solve the problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2012 12:58 #73635 by vmgscot
Replied by vmgscot on topic Re: 2830n locking up...freezing constantly
Hi

Did you get anywhere with this.... we are experiencing similar issues with 7 x 2830n units dotted around country.
Were all working fine for a year then suddenly all of them have started random restarts and lockups.
Tech support have suggest updating the bootloader so I am travelling to one of the sites to try this.

More
11 Oct 2012 20:26 #73805 by kkronfli
Replied by kkronfli on topic Re: 2830n locking up...freezing constantly
I have the same issue, mine is locking up almost every day.

I wonder if it anything to do with the ARP Address mismatch issue?

I just noticed to day on the firewall log of syslog viewer every 15 seconds or so that I get an
[ARP][Arp address mismatch - Ethernet destination address does not match ARP target address] entry

More
12 Oct 2012 12:04 #73819 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: 2830n locking up...freezing constantly
I have loads of 2930s that reports ARP mis mate all the time. I reported it for Techsupport and they told me it was nothing to worry about. :?:

Moderators: Sami