DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Public IP is not my fixed IP

• sarmaven
  • Topic Author
More
24 Sep 2012 19:33 #73621 by sarmaven
Public IP is not my fixed IP was created by sarmaven
I have a 2820vn and I'm using the WAN2 port to connect to BT Infinity.

We have a fixed IP address given by BT xx.xx.xx.38. Behind that we have a five public IP pool of xx.xx.xx.33 - 37.

In PPOE WAN setup tab I have the log-in set and Fixed IP ticked. Its set to xx.xx.xx.38.

I have IP Alias (Multi-NAT) set and Index 1 is xx.xx.xx.38. That is followed by my IP Public pool on indexes 2 to 6.

I notice I have each index set to "Join NAT IP Pool".

Here is the problem. Internet access is fine but on 1And1 webmail we get an error stating that the IP address of teh client has changed so the user cannot log-on.

When we did a "Show My IP" it was xx.xx.xx.33 and NOT xx.xx.xx.38, which is the fixed IP address of our router. Do I get this problem because I should have ONLY let the first IP Alias Index 1, "Join the NAT IP Pool" and left all the others unticked.

Do I guess that the Vigor has chosen a non-fixed Public IP from the pool when I should have just stuck to one NAT IP?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sarmaven
  • Topic Author
More
25 Sep 2012 11:59 #73626 by sarmaven
Replied by sarmaven on topic Re: Public IP is not my fixed IP
I solved it. The clue was in my question. The "Help" says that if you select more than one IP for the NAt pool then you will get a random public IP address from the pool. It also warns that some banking and secure systems will not like it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami