Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2200V limited Speed

• turalo
  • Topic Author
More
28 Sep 2012 15:14 #73668 by turalo
2200V limited Speed was created by turalo
Hi,

I'm using this Vigor 2200V router, for some time now we have a high speed dedicated connection, everything works fine but the speed,
we are receiving 40mb down-40mb up from our provider. So I tested the connection to see what's wrong, I found out that my vigor goes maximally to 20mb down, and not higher than 2mb up. the test were made via few different websites with a cable wired connection, one of the sites was speedtest.net
so I have also other routers in our office, I have connected Mikrotek RouterBoard 751 just to test if that will change anything, and result was 40mb down, 40mb up, so now I definitely know that my vigor 2200 v has some kind of speed limit.
the question is why is there a limit, and how to lift the limit so that I can use the full speed that I get from my isp.

to connect to ISP we use a Ethernet cable with static IP, so it's not a dsl , it's a dedicated Ethernet line.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2012 09:44 #73673 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2200V limited Speed
There's a limit because you're using a 10 year old router, designed back when we
were all connecting at 512Kb/s max :-) Just a processing issue.

Forum Administrator

• turalo
  • Topic Author
More
01 Oct 2012 10:43 #73689 by turalo
Replied by turalo on topic Re: 2200V limited Speed
Ok, I had that feeling too, but now I see that's the reason. we have payed more than 200 eu for that thing at the Vigor Dealer shop in The Hague area. and it's not 10 years before, just 3-4 years most, this one is not the only one, the same one I have ordered that time for many customers, they were also complaining having low bandwidth. so the dealer sold us old stuff for the double price of new one. :o :( :oops: :x

anyway, thanks for the info.

Moderators: Sami