DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Reliability of 2710n?

• ncollingridge
  • Topic Author
More
04 Oct 2012 12:05 #73736 by ncollingridge
Reliability of 2710n? was created by ncollingridge
Is anyone else experiencing reliability problems with the 2710n? I have just had two of them fail within the last few days, both of which were purchased in July 2011. I am wondering if there is a batch problem with the units which were shipped out at around that time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2012 08:07 #73747 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Reliability of 2710n?
Not that I've heard of; is it the PSU or the main unit? What type of failure ?

Forum Administrator

• ncollingridge
  • Topic Author
More
17 Oct 2012 10:11 #73858 by ncollingridge
Replied by ncollingridge on topic Re: Reliability of 2710n?
Well I've certainly had a PSU failure on a different unit again than the two I am referring to, but I think that was a lightning strike. That unit is now fine with another PSU.

The symptoms with the other ones are a failure to stay connected reliably. In the case of one of them which I examined quite closely before replacing with a router of another make (which works fine) the continual disconnections resulted in the ADSL connection being downgraded to only 288kb, which then climbed back up to 4mb when I replaced the unit. The user interface side of the router works absolutely fine in both cases, it's the ADSL side of things that seems to be causing the problems.

Sorry for the later reply - for some reason i didn't get an email notifying me of your reply even though I had set the post up to send me one.

Moderators: Sami