Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2700 QOS Overkill

• andyleeds
  • Topic Author
More
13 Oct 2012 10:23 #1 by andyleeds
2700 QOS Overkill was created by andyleeds
Hi,
Just installed the Draytek 2700 onto an ADSL connection with Zen. All settings are standard (mtu, vpi, vci)

The 'Wan Connection' page shows a connection of :
Upspeed 784000
Downspeed 3064000
SNR 6
Loop Att 53

So to me that is ~3Mbit down, which is expected in this area.

My computer is on a 20m Cat5e cable to the Vigor. But whenever I speedtest.net from this computer I don't get over 1Mbit download, and 0.4Mbit up. When I download files over HTTP I get less than 1Mibt. On my Linux box next to me which is also hard wired I just got 160Kbit for a fedora image. ethtool shows no interface errors.

My only thought, is that the QOS is kicking in. How at the time of my tests I was the only machine connected to the vigor (wifi was diabled). The QOS light is also orange. However I can't really find a Qos page.

Bandwidth Management and Session Management are turned off. No schedules set. No other background traffic going through. No unknown hosts in the ARP cache.

Firmware Version : 2.8.2_131701
Build Date/Time : Jul 4 2008 13:57:31

The previous ADSL modem had no problem (a Sky provided netgear that was stripped of features to within an inch of it's life) so I don't think it's a cable/ADSL problem, the only thing to change was the modem.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks
Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami