Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 & ap800 - universal repeater

• ldilworth
  • Topic Author
More
16 Oct 2012 18:24 #1 by ldilworth
2820 & ap800 - universal repeater was created by ldilworth
Hi,
Got a 2820 & ap800 working fine together in universal repeater mode one thing I've noticed is that if clients bind to the ap800 then although they work perfectly for network tasks but any applications that perform any kind of "discovery" that involves multicast don't work I.e they don't find their devices. Examples would be sonos controller app and also apple tv remote app. Both vendors have confirmed Multicast is needed for those apps to find their associated devices. Anyone know a way to have the 2820 forward multicast packets to the Ap800 extended ssid or is this simply not a supported option? There is nothing obvious in the UI. My only option it seems is to connect the Ap800 via a powerline adapter and switch it out of universal repeater mode and into normal bridge mode. It works like that but isn't how I hoped to use it as its neater to simply have it extend the existing ssid.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I did log a draytek support call and ask the same question but got no reply

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami