DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

V2830n load balancing and VPN

• gadgetmva
  • Topic Author
More
18 Oct 2012 08:53 #73876 by gadgetmva
V2830n load balancing and VPN was created by gadgetmva
I recently installed a V2830n with dual-WAN between BT ADSL and Virgin Fibre. I have the following load balance policy.

WAN1 (ADSL ) 192.168.x.1 - 19
WAN2 (Virgin) 192.168.x.20 - 99

This appears to work with devices in the lower IP range using the ADSL and devices in the higher range using the Virgin Fibre.

I also have LAN to LAN VPN connections which all use the ADSL because it has static IP.

I cannot access anything in the lower IP range from an external VPN connection. If I disable the load balancing policies I can access this lower IP range so I know it's the load balancing causing it. Why should the load balancing policy have any effect on VPN connections, surely these packets should be deemed as local?

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2012 15:59 #73887 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: V2830n load balancing and VPN
Dont you have to do the load balance poicy according to the line speeds?

The VPN should dort itself via the routing table if not then try forcing it with a Load balance poicy using the destination addresss and not the source and fixing it to the ADSL line.

• gadgetmva
  • Topic Author
More
20 Oct 2012 09:27 #73891 by gadgetmva
Replied by gadgetmva on topic Re: V2830n load balancing and VPN
I don't want to load balance by speed. I want the ranges indicated to use the specific connections.

The load balancing is working in principle except for its impact on VPN. I want the VPN connections to be able to access the entire network (255.255.255.0). Put simply, I want the ADSL connection dedicated to server activities and the fibre dedicated to use and notional use.

Moderators: Sami