DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

How to Disable QoS - 2750n

• drouter1
  • Topic Author
More
06 Nov 2012 12:57 #74079 by drouter1
How to Disable QoS - 2750n was created by drouter1
Hello all, new Vigor user here and just trying to figure out how to disable QoS on the 2750n

have searched the user guide, this forum, the internet generally for telnet commands etc and cannot see how it`s done !

Any ideas how to do this would be very welcome, Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2012 00:54 #74085 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: How to Disable QoS - 2750n
i don't have this modem but i think at this page of your modem
Bandwidth Management >> QoS Control List
if you don't set anything there then looks like QoS is not in use

• drouter1
  • Topic Author
More
07 Nov 2012 08:07 #74088 by drouter1
Replied by drouter1 on topic Re: How to Disable QoS - 2750n
Thanks Babis for the information...

I had already removed the rules for QoS on that page, hoping that the traffic would at least all default to "normal" - even if QoS was still active "somewhere inside" the router settings, hidden.

On the QoS statistics page, I am seeing most traffic in the "normal" queue - but some is still going through the "low queue" level, so that`s why I thought it was not actually turned off properly - I guess it still isn`t.

I`m surprised to find that there`s no on/off switch for it though...it appears to be quite an unusual oversight, unless it`s been made unavailable for some specific reason !?

(I did actually try to contact DrayTek support directly first, but the email form wouldn`t accept my serial number for the unit.)

More
07 Nov 2012 12:25 #74092 by jedi98
Replied by jedi98 on topic Re: How to Disable QoS - 2750n
Odd. All the vigors with qos that I have used have been able to turn on and off with just a tick box as shown here from my 2820... Of course they may have changed it all in the 2750.

Also note that there is (at least on most versions) the telnet commands "adsl txpct" and "adsl rxpct" which have some effect on QoS too.

More
07 Nov 2012 13:05 #74095 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: How to Disable QoS - 2750n
well the 2750 is not similar to other draytek models
you can wait until a 2750 user see this thread or pm a guy from here using 2750 if some one can help faster

Also if is not accepting the serial number did you tried register the serial number at draytek.com ?
http://myvigoreu.draytek.com/HomePage/main.php

• drouter1
  • Topic Author
More
07 Nov 2012 21:01 #74115 by drouter1
Replied by drouter1 on topic Re: How to Disable QoS - 2750n
Thanks for the extra info babis and jedi...

I can see that the 2750 seems quite different to other versions, I can`t see any images like above,,,the GUI & options are different

I have been trying to read as much as I can about it, but not a lot of information is appearing to me ! (I`ve even seen your posts Babis on the ISP forum)

The telnet commands I think are different as well, because if I remember correctly, the 2750 is using a different type of OS than the others (maybe BusyBox or something I recall reading about ?)

It`s all very complicated I`m sure :shock:

I did manage to send an email to DT about the serial, and they sent me a "generic" one that seemed to work, so did manage to send an email off to tech earlier today, but I haven`t heard back yet - fingers crossed they may know what`s going on.

I only wanted a single box solution for FTTC, and I didn`t realise it was going to be this complicated...maybe I should have got the fritz!box after all :wink:

Moderators: Sami